Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

It would be nice.... and a question

It would be really nice in epo to have an encrypt now, or remove encryption option built in.  This is similar to rogue sensors where on an machine i can  select a machine and select rogue sensors -> Install rogue Sensor or remove rogue sensor.  Being able to quickly deploy or remove encryption would be nice.  I am finding it difficult to transition from the EEM managed encryption to the EPo managed.  Seems like it takes a lot more effort to encrypt a single machine.  It would also be nice if EPO was able to generate an .exe for encryption that included the agent and 6.1 software like it does for the the FRAMEPKG.EXE.  I think transitioning a large group off the old MME to EPO is gonna be quite a task.

Also,  am i correct when you move computers from the old Console to EPO through the utility the password should go with it and not give the user the default password?

Message was edited by: Dvanmeter on 4/22/11 3:53:22 PM CDT
6 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: It would be nice.... and a question

In 6.1 the users have to pick a new password when they get EEPC6.1 - password transfer from V5 will come in 6.1.1

Dvanmeter
Level 10
Message 3 of 7

Any Idea when 6.1.1 is expected?  I will have to wait until then because 1200 machines and 1500 users would be painful

DLarson
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I just got an update and the 6.1.1 beta will start next week, on May 18th. If all goes well with the beta, then it is planned to get released at the end of June. All dates subject to change

If you would like to participate in the beta, please contact your SE and they'll get you on the list.

Dvanmeter
Level 10
Message 5 of 7

any word on this? How is the beta going

Message was edited by: Dvanmeter on 7/7/11 3:44:39 PM CDT
DLarson
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Beta was a success and now the 6.1.1 release is scheduled for next Monday, July 11th. So look for it on the download site then.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

I don't suppose any McAfee guys want to leak the release notes so we can see what else was fixed 😉 ?

Signed,

Impatient Guy 😛

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community