Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemantk
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Issue with EEPC for Sony Vaio VPCSA25GG

Hello...

We have some new Sony Vaio Laptops(SONY VAIO VPCSA25GG Windows 7 SP1 64Bit ) in our organization, After installing Endpoint Encryption for PC (EEPC) 6.1, laptop gets subsequent restart after authenticating McAfee PreBoot Login,

I thought this must be OS releated Issue, so i tried Installing EEPC 6.1 on another Sony vaio Laptop with Same Make/Model/Configuration and the result is same.

I tried to change SATA mode in BIOS, but i was unable to find that Option for cahnging SATA Mode, As per confirmation with Sony Vaio Technician this Option is not Available with Sony Vaio.

When i tried to remove EE using EETECH i got BSOD while booting.

So can anyone help me to get out of this??.........

Thanks in Advance.

8 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Issue with EEPC for Sony Vaio VPCSA25GG

first question is of course, what BSOD message did you get? Screenshot?

hemantk
Level 12
Message 3 of 9

Hello Simon.

Thank u so muchhhhhh.......for reply.

Now i have managed to Remove EE using EETECH Standalone, But what next, shall i install EE again or i have to follow any steps before installing EE?...

And also let me know which HardDisk mode's are supported by EE & which are not & for which make/models??>...

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

If it runs a supported Windows OS, it's supported. There is no hardware dependency. The only time you'll have a problem is if the manufacturer has bugs in their BIOS - most (like Dell for example) are pretty fast at fixing these though.

hemantk
Level 12
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Simon.

So what next??..shall i install EE again??>>

jmcleish
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

What I've been finding is that a BIOS update is best. The first laptop i encrypted- a Tosh R600 booted into a black screen after encryption was enabled due to an old incompatible BIOS version. I therefore took the decision to update the BIOS on all the machines to be encrypted. This also solves issues with standalone eetech not recognising the USB drives on some laptops.

If they are new then maybe :

Authentec Truesuite software caused serious issues- i think BSOD (it replaces the gina) and so that was also removed from all machines before encryption.

maybe these ideas may help.

Regards

Jane

hemantk
Level 12
Message 7 of 9

Hello Jane.

Thanks for Reply...

I think Authentec Truesuite is for biomatric login, So what if the customer need that option for Biomatric Login.

I need one more help from you, if customer wants to use Biomatric Login option with EEPC then what would be the Setting/steps i need to follow.

jmcleish
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I only use password authentication with SSO. We don't use biometric so I'm not  sure how to configure it.

I did fiind this though: https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2011/07/20/endpoint-encryption-for-...

and it states that "Support for biometric (fingerprint) readers. These were available in v5, but are not yet supported in v6. This is under consideration for a future release."

You could always unistall the truesuite software to see if that is the issue.You can download the software for your model from the sony support site if you require it again.

HTH

Jane

hemantk
Level 12
Message 9 of 9

Hello Simon.

Now the Issue is resolved, i have performed below steps to resolve this issue.

I have performed Emergency Boot using EETech Standalone(EEPC Bootable Recovery Disk) as those Laptops were unable to Boot Normally.

After Booting I have Sync EEPC clients for getting Updated Policy(Use Compatible MBR). And then rebooted those Laptops couple of times for confirmations that the Issue is Resolved.

But now the Issue is when we start the Laptops it ask for McAfee Endpoint Encryption Login(as always) but it again gets rebooted after login to Preboot & agasin ask for PReBoot login, and when we login PreBoot for 2nd time it ask for Windows to Start Normaly OR Windows to repair, if we select Windows to start normaly it loads windows.

So please let me know do user have to login twice??........OR is their any other Workaround to resolve this Issue.

Hi Simon,

Please revert.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community