Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Is EEPC Version 6 FIPS 140-2 Compliant?

A competitor of yours called me recently and said that EEPC version 6 was not FIPS 140-2 compliant.  As best I can tell from most of the documentation (version 5) use of the AES 256 algorithm along with some other client side settings are required for FIPS compliancy.  However, I can't find anything in the Version 6 documentation that even mentions FIPS or AES 256.  In fact, I can't even find an admin guide.  I'm not a security guy, I'm just a project manager.  Please enlighten me on FIPS compliancy and how it relates (or not) to Endpoint Encryption for PC, version 6.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: Is EEPC Version 6 FIPS 140-2 Compliant?

Well I'm not an expert at all, but I was looking for the same than you. If you look the datasheet you can see than the EEPC is FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria EAL4 compliant. But looking for in the FIPS and Common Criteria websites I only found than version 5 is compliant, not 6. I haven't found any Admin Guide, even when on the 140sp1131.pdf it is mentioned.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Is EEPC Version 6 FIPS 140-2 Compliant?

EEPC6 is neither compliant or certified at this time. Unfortunately it takes 12-18 months to go through the process.

If you need a certified product, use EEPC5 in the meantime, then upgrade.

0 Kudos