cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gruss
Level 7

I have one user and their password is not syncing.

We are using AD rules, not the EEPC rules for PW complexity.

The computer is a Lenovo E430, we have a slew of them in the field all working properly.

The pc syncs everyone else in the appropriate group, (everyone else that sould be able to log in can)

The users password is not syncing to ANY machine it seems, although the pre-boot environment does accept the username.  User has no issues logging into non-encrypted machines.

I've had the user change passwords and still nothing, it doesn't even sync to the local machine she changed the pw on.

Any ideas where to look?  Are there characters that Mcafee simply will not recognize?  Service on the machine failing?  I didn't see any errors/failures while watching the status monitors on that machine.

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gruss
Level 7

Re: I have one user and their password is not syncing.

Nevermind I think I found it on my own, but would like verification.  they were not using a numeral in their password but a special character...windows didn't seem to mind but it was not syncing to mcafee it seems.  Is this normal?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

try changing the eepc password manually in the pre-boot to the one you suspect. I expect it's being rejected because of history or content restrictions.

you need to make sure you turn off ALL content restrictions if you want EEPC to sync reliably. Let Windows decide on password quality like you suggest.

0 Kudos
gruss
Level 7

Like I said, we are NOT using ANY restrictions via epo.  I wanted to know if this was a known issue.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

no - there are no known issues with password sync, certainly none related with a special char in the password unless content rules are in place.

0 Kudos
gruss
Level 7

Very odd...guess I'll just chaulk it up to a glitch.

0 Kudos
jim.roberts
Level 7

We've ran into situations where sync will just stop working for an individual user but I haven't found a root cause.  I have found that putting the machine on the network, removing the user from the authorized user list in epo, forcing a sync so that the user has been deleted from the machine, rebooting, doing a machine recovery to get back in, and then adding/syncing the user back down gets the sync working again.

My guess is that its some form of preboot profile corruption issue.  Since it only comes up once every 3 or 4 months It hasn't been a big enough issue for me to dedicate time to yet.

Message was edited by: jim.roberts on 6/13/13 2:50:02 PM CDT
0 Kudos