Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to upgrade EEPC for a single laptop

Hi all,

ePO 4.5

EEPC 6.1.2

I ran into an issue on a single laptop that may be corrected by upgrading to EEPC 6.1 patch 3 Hotfix 7409862.  I'm not in the position to upload the updated packages to ePO but I was wondering if I'm able to apply the downloaded EEPC 6.1 Patch 3 Hotfix 7409862 directly to this single laptop without issues.  Is this a recommended path to fix a single laptop?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to upgrade EEPC for a single laptop

Hey, while I have not done this with EEPC I have installed VSE hotfixes on laptops like this (mainly for testing first).

Just download the hotfix package and unzip it and run the setup.exe or whatever looks most likely to be the installer. As it dosnt need any new management tools checked in it should work fine.

Highlighted

Re: How to upgrade EEPC for a single laptop

Hello,

The packages are self contained MSI's so you can run the msi's and apply the HF that way.

HTH,

Fausto

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community