i want to decrypt a Notebook Volume and dont know how!
I try to deactivate the Policy - no effect
try to remove EEP Software - no effect (error by remove EEP Software)
wich little Point do i oversight?
I use EEP PC-Software 126.96.36.199
Thanks 4 Help
You need to change product policy and have Encrypt setting in Encryption tab changed to "None". Wake-up agent to refresh changed policy.
I exactly do that, but it has no Effect
It's the Notebook where the Encryption User was crashed... thought this is the Point..
I've created an extra OU in the Active Directory with another Encryption Policy where i can move Objects to decrypt!
Ok. Yeah, I figured it out. Basically, I did it where I didn't need an OU or anything. All I did was:
1. In the System Tree, I selected a system and went to Agent / Modify Policy on a Single System.
2. Clicked Edit Assignment for the Product Settings.
3. Chose Break Inheritance and assign the policy and settings below.
4. Clicked New Policy and created a policy named Decrypt based on the My Default policy.
5. Chose NONE under Encryption / Encrypt and saved.
6. Verified that the decrypt policy was applied rather than the my default. I also checked the assignment in my Policy Catalog to ensure that Decrypt was only assigned to that one system and the My Default was still assigned everywhere else.
7. Did a Wake up agent and saw that the Volume Status changed to Decrypting after about 30 to 40 seconds.
Yes i read it and the User Problem is fixed, but what i mean is: Its the same Client.
In my opinion, the User Problem has damaged the Client Configuration of EEPC wich dont let me decrypt