cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create bootable USB standalone disk for EEPC 7.0.1?

How do you do this? I've been looking and haven't found anything solid or concrete explaining how to do this. The EEPC and EETech product guides don't mention anything about making a bootable USB drive, and I've opened a service request with Platinum Support and that hasn't helped me any.

My issue is that we have Lenovo X1 Carbon laptops in-house which have no optical drives, only USB ports, and our hardware support team does not want to being using USB optical drives if at all possible going forward.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to create bootable USB standalone disk for EEPC 7.0.1?

You said standalone - do you really mean eetech standalone? if so It's in the EETech product guide - page 41 for example in this version..

http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24204/en_US/e...

If you're actually trying to put WinPE on a USB stick, that's something you need to learn from Microsoft - for example

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744530(v=ws.10).aspx

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 8/6/13 12:54:38 PM EDT
McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Have you seen this?

It's in Beta test at this time.

athick
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Dear Jay,

i am trying to create the Standalone package but i do have only these two files when using this EZPE32 & EZSA32 package (Image attached for your reference) and it does not booting at all. May you pls guide me the correct way ?

I hope , i am missing some steps

Thanks in Advance for your Help.

Thanks

Athick

Highlighted

SafeBoot's first link should do the trick, and the process to get a clean WinPE environment won't change from Encryption product versions.  Look for this section . Add EETech to a Microsoft WinPE V3 32-bit CD/DVD

The second link from SafeBoot is SCARY!!!  It has some good data, but the author skipped a critical step that could leave the novice deleting the contents of the wrong drive in your PC.  If you'd like to follow that guide, when you get to DISKPART, do the following in a cmd window, launching it with Run as Administrator, of course.

diskpart

list disk

At this point, make an educated guess at which disk is your external media because you're about to wipe all data from whatever you select.  This is also a great time to backup anything you may have useful on that drive as well.  Now back to the cmd...

select disk ###

clean

create partition primary

format fs=fat32 quick

active

assign

exit

Now, as mentioned, you simply copy the WinPE contents to the USB.  If you've followed the guide mentioned above, you can do this after step 7b.  Just copy the contents of C:\winpe_x86\ISO to the root of your external media.  You can then create the iso for CD/DVD usage if you must.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community