I have done the following step:
1. in the EPo, go to Data Protection>Encryption User> and check MyWorkStation
2. The Action>Add User> add user1, user2 from userGroup, and let the organizational unit left blank.
3. Back to my organization, Action> View User, the confirm user1 and user2 is included.
4. My wake-up call to MyWorkStation, and confirm from the agent log that policy update is done successfully.
5 Reboot MyWorkStation and got the EE Login Box. When put user1 on the dialog box, EE Shown Error EE050002 Unknow User.
My question is:
1. Are agent wake up call to specific client did not enough to update EE user for that specific workstation?
2. What step we must done to ensure that user is updated?
I am a newbie to this product, your help is deeply appreciated.
Found a known issue similar to this in KB.Message was edited by: dorghi on 4/27/11 3:20:45 PM JST
Same problem here, I have try on fresh install and upgrade from 5.2.8, same issue...
ePO 4.6, EEPC 6.1
RonMessage was edited by: ronnyr on 27/04/11 03:23:32 CDT
I was helped partially with the following KB.
I am able to loggin in by using the user name shown in EPo> Encryption User>Name instead of the windows ID that I registered in Active Directory.
But, I still have problem that only users that I made in the preious day is working. User that I made an hour ago is not working.
I am curious about the mechanism of updating user in EE, after we update user EE User in EPo. I wonder whether a simple agent wake up call is enough to synchronize EPo and EE client, or maybe a client task need to be running. It look like I cannot found a detailed documentation on this.
Anyway, hope the KB may help you a little bit.