cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove mcafee encryption agent?

hi, i have a problem, when i try to uninstall mcaffe encryption agent the console says error...

my disk was decrypted.. but drive encryption agent status is active when its should be inactive..

can you help me?

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I remove mcafee encryption agent?

not really - you need to get your IT team to deactivate EEPC before it can be removed.

yes, i know it, im a member of IT team... but this case is rare.... the hard drive is already decrypted, but when i try to remove the encryption agent, the mcafee console says error, beacuse in the workstation, the encryption agent status is active, and my hard drive has been decrypted...  its the first time that i have this issue, and i dont know why... is not my first decryption event...

thanks...

additionaly...

when i try to remove mcafee encryption agent with a task that i have, i followed the process in monitor of agent in the workstation, and when the system try to uninstall the EEPC, occurs an error, and make fail the uninstallation task...

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

It may be decrypted - but is it deactivated?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73634&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

Are you sure the pre-boot system is not still enabled? Even if you are in autoboot mode, if it's there you won't be able to uninstall.

yep... that is the problem... i can't remove the agent because its status is active, the preboot system is not in outoboot mode, when i reboot the computer, the preboot mcafee system request the password....  i cant remove the agent, i dont know why the mcafee encryption status is active, and i dont know how to remove the preboot system... 

thanks

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

You can't "remove" the pre-boot system - you need to deactiate EEPC through EPO.

You should find everything you need in the "uninstalling the EEPC client" chapter of the product guide for your version.

Usually you clear the "enable" checkbox on the EEPC policy in the general section, but check the correct documentation for the version you are using for the exact instructions.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community