cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayMan
Level 10

Has anybody got a UEFI based device working with EEPC 100%?

As the title says... Does anybody have a full UEFI based device working with EEPC completely? I mean UEFI booting, touchscreen//keyboard/trackpad/touchpad/mouse all working correctly during the pre-boot authentication screen & then booting to Windows 8 without any problems....

So far I've tried 3 devices (Samsung Slate7, Lenovo Helix & Dell XPS12) and have not had any luck getting the above working...

To save some time testing many many devices, i'm hoping someone else out there has actually got some fully supported devices that we could consider.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
v1nny
Level 7

Re: Has anybody got a UEFI based device working with EEPC 100%?

No here - tried several devices the latest being a Dell Latitude 10 ST2, products install fine, PBA touch screen all good after a BIOS update but crashes right after authentication before getting to Windows.

Message was edited by: v1nny on 07/08/13 00:41:59 IST
0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

I've made some headway on this...

Dell XPS12 (Gen3 CPU) - Have been provided a Hotfix to test

Dell XPS12 (Gen4 CPU) - Have been asked to try above hotfix also

Lenovo Helix - Setting USB 3.0 Mode to disabled in bios/uefi config (as per http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78632) gets everything working perfectly; except that this disables USB 3.0. This will have a significant impact on performance of USB 3.0 devices, so is not ideal.

Samsung Slate7 - No Change

0 Kudos
jim.roberts
Level 7

In regards to the XPS12.....are you talking about a hotfix from McAfee, Microsoft, or Dell?

0 Kudos
JayMan
Level 10

The HotFix is from McAfee.

0 Kudos
foliveir
Level 11

Hello,

It is actually a combination of both, there is a BIOS / UEFI firmware update that needs to be present in the device, version A07. Then you need an hotfix from us to complete the solution.

HTH,

Fausto

0 Kudos
jim.roberts
Level 7

I'm already on A07 so all I need is the hotfix.  Just opened a ticket with platinum support.   Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos