cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyb99
Level 13

Has 7.0.2 been released then pulled again?

I got some notifications for the release of 7.0.2 last night but there is nothing in the software manager when I refresh it this morining and its not on the downloads site. Was this released in error and pulled again?

ePolicy Orchestrator Notification

Response Name: Software Manager new product update available

Description: Sends an e-mail notification when "New Software Component Update Available" event is received.

Updated software component: Install - EEPC (Patch 2) - Available: 7.0.2.396

0 Kudos
18 Replies
pierce
Level 13

Re: Has 7.0.2 been released then pulled again?

just 7.0.1 visible for me in software center. hopefully this new version supports epo 5 like the recent patch to EEFF did.

0 Kudos
maciekl123
Level 7

Is it support ePO 5.x ??

Need to upgrade ePO server but need to have supported encryption.

0 Kudos
amerry
Level 9

This appeared for a short period of time in the Software Manager last night due to an error in our internal test processes getting ready for release of v7.0.2. EEPC v7.0.2 is not released yet.

At the time of release, EEPC v7.0.2 will not support ePO v5.x however we are putting this Patch through the necessary testing to validate it against a minimum of ePO v5.0 Patch 1. If all goes well, we will announce support of ePO v5.0.1 and EEPC v7.0.2.

Thanks

Anthony Merry

Group Product Manager

McAfee Endpoint Encryption

pierce
Level 13

Thanks Anthony, thats good to know. Its pretty much just EEPC that is holding up our plans to migrate to ePO 5 so will be good once its been tested and validated!

0 Kudos
maciekl123
Level 7

Ya, thx Anthony,

I will waiting for supported version of EEPC for ePO5. It's hanging my migration process.

0 Kudos
rmmiles
Level 10

I was able to download 7.0.2 through the McAfee Product Downloads site just a few minutes ago.

7.0.2.gif

0 Kudos
rmmiles
Level 10

I just got the release notification via email. It states that the update will not be available via the ePO Software Manager until after Sept 2nd.

0 Kudos
s3cardi
Level 9

Same problem for me. EEPC and EEFF are blocking my migration to ePO 5.0

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

EEFF just updated to 4.2 which supports ePO 5.0 so thats one more off the list.

7.0.2 dosnt yet support ePO (tried to check it into my dev box and everything ;-) ) Hopefully once its gone through testing there will be a repost/new version we can use and then starting making plans to move onto ePO 5.0

0 Kudos