cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Validity Sensor Fingerprint Enrollment not popping up

Using an HP laptop with the Validity reader and EE 7.0.3. I have a UBP assigned to the test unit and my user's password does get reset to the default per the documentation.

After successful login at the PBA (default password), I am logging in to windows with the same user that was used at the EE PBA prompt. In the docs there is an ambiguous "log on to Windows to open the Fingerprint Reader Registration." Which makes me think the EE agent would detect the UBP and pop a fingerprint registration box of some sort. Unfortunately there aren't any screenshots, or further info (other than scan your fingers) in the docs.

Windows is version 7, x64

Domain joined

Validity Software works for local/domain login

Fingerprint Reader Token Module does list in PBA modules button. There are no fingerprint references once in windows, under the McAfee Endpoint Encryption System status, Modules list.

Validity hardware ID: USB\VID_138A&PID_003F&REV_0104

I couldn't find any info on supported sensor versions, so just feeling in the dark here that someone else might have info.

Anyone else have a tip on getting prints registered?

TIA!

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: HP Validity Sensor Fingerprint Enrollment not popping up

You should register you fingerprints in HP fingerprint management software, first to make them available in fingerprint sensor memory. No EE software will do this.

You are saying that EE has hooks into the HP Protect tools? I guess I was under the impression that it specifically wasn't compatible with Protect Tools.

Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

No, not that way. EE fingerprint authorization require fingerprints to be already enrolled. This have to be done by HP/fingerprint sensor management software. EE doesn't have ability to enroll user's fingerprints.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community