cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamD
Level 7

Group Users not adding to systems

Hi All,

Im having a slight issue with EEPC 6.01 where I'm adding a group to the "My Organization" Level and i have systems further down the tree, but none of these users seem to be actually added to the system. on the pre boot screen it just says user doesn't exist. If i add a user to the system itself all is fine and i can log in....

Any ideas??

Cheers

Adam

0 Kudos
18 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Group Users not adding to systems

Check ePO server tasks for errors.

0 Kudos
AdamD
Level 7

I checked the server task log and there are no errors. they user sync is working fine. I can see in the SQL table EPEUsers all the users in the AD group have been added. But they just dont seem to be applying to the systenm unless i actually apply them specifically to the system in ePO and not to the tree??

Cheers

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

0 Kudos
AdamD
Level 7

Thats helpfull to know, thank you. I dont have the add local domain users selected, and the installation i am testing on is brand new as i was having problems in my production environment and wanted to test outside of it. The PC encrypts no problem, it literally just doesn't associate the logons to the systems in the tree iff added via a group. adding the individual users is the only way i can get it to work. I assume other people in the forum have used AD groups to add encryption users??

Thanks for the replies so far,

Adam

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Did you try to remove all individual users and just add a group?

0 Kudos
AdamD
Level 7

I initially only added a group to the tree at my organization level. no individual users. and i also checked as soon as it sync'd that the users had gone in to the DB (which they had) I was wondering if i missing anything in linking groups to machines somewhere along the line or if that was all that was required.... Am a bit stumped and stuck... Like i said though, all works fine if i add individual users to machines.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

in the same way you can add individual users to machines, you can assign groups as well - but be aware not to assign HUGE groups - your machine may never activate if you assign a group of 1000 users to the machine, not only because it may not have enough PBFS space to support them (see the diagnostic log), but also adding thousands of users will take a long time, and the machine may never have enough bandwidth to download all the information from ePO.

A few hundred users max is all you should try to add using the default setup - you'll need to extend the PBFS space for anything more than around 350 if you are using local recovery.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Here's the master list of EEPC activation issues - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68410

0 Kudos
AdamD
Level 7

Hi Safeboot,

Thanks for your replies. The machines are activating and begin encrypting with just the group assigned to the tree, its just when i restart i cant then get past the pre boot without doing a machine recovery, it just says unknown user. its only by adding an individual user it allows me to pass the pre boot environment with a logon. the group i am adding has around the 300 mark of users in, is there any way of seeing if the users are getting on to the machines (if any) or if there are any logs i can look at client end?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos