1. What kind of algorithm is used for encrypting? If someone give me something as a user guide, i will be very glad.
2. Where could i find used keys in order to encrypt? I am looking for a database, i guess.
Thanks in advance!
1. AES 256
2. You can generate keys on ePO via the FRP Keys page, Chapter 4 & 3 provide more information: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25074/en_US/...
Nice to see such as fast reply. Thank a lot.
I have another quiestion. I want to encrypt a folder in two ways:
1. Just an user can look at files that are inside of the folder.
2. We have a managed system with ePO console, let´s say PC1. Just the users, who are in PC1 enviroment, can look at files that are inside of the folder.
Could you give me the procedure step by step? Thank you very much in advance!
Access to encrypted files is basically based on who you assign keys to.
1. Create keys via FRP keys page
2. Reference these keys via the Grant Key policy and assign it to systems or users or both depending on your requirement
3. Create a folder encryption policy and reference the key with which it needs to be protected
You may find this POC guide useful: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4473
I´m working on FRP 3.0 in order to encrypt folders. I follow these steps:
1. Create a Regular key.
2. Assign the key to a Grant policy
3. Share a folder in local network.
4. Create a folder policy with the suitable path to encrypt the created folder with the created key.
5. Assing folder policy and grant policy to a manage system.
After doing above steps, i have already encrypt files that are inside the folder, right? So, who can look at the files? I guess, just me as the ePO administrator, right? Why if i change the enviroment of the files they are not encrypted? I mean copy files from the managed system folder into another system.
Thanks in advance!