I just updated my ePolicy Server to 4.5 Patch 4 HF1, installed the extensions for 6.1, and then checked in the software packages for 6.1, deployed the new agent for without issue, did a reboot, then deployed the EEPC 6.1 which the machine had 6.0.2 without issues, but on reboot failed with that Fatal error, is there something I missed along the way? The PC is Windows 7 Pro x64 it did show it deploying x64 versions of the product to it. It had 6.0.2 without issue prior. Didn't know if this was an isolated incident or would any future deployments have this issue occur? Is this an upgrade issue, or would clean installs be ok, haven't tried on any spare machines to see if a clean install over an upgrade would have the same results.
Not knowing the model of the machine you are working with I can only say that we got some new Dell Latitude 5240's in and had to set the SATA operation to AHCI to get them to boot. We normally do ATA for compatibility reasons as we're still running XP but these would not work without swtiching the SATA operating mode. There are also some links on the KB for your error:
I'd start with the top one first. Didn't help in our case either but it's worth a shot.
The PC is a HP/Compaq TC4400, it was functioning with 6.0.2 without issue, I only pushed the Agent which took fine, and then pushed the EEPC itself it rebooted and that is where I sit, took a look at the SATA mode, and it only has a SATA Native Mode which is enabled, I tried to disable and it made it no better. The settings are the same from when it was 6.0.2 on the BIOS. Does 6.x not offer an option anymore to Authenticate to the Local DB that is kept on the machine? All it offers is File and Token, it seems I no longer have a recovery file within ePO for that PC, all others that are still running 6.0.2 show without issue.
If you are having issues with getting the recovery information for a machine after upgrading to 6.1, please refer to the KB article below to address the issue.
I just read over the doc and it refers to not seeing the Machine Recovery File after an upgrade to 4.6 from 4.5 Patch 4 HF1. I'm still running 4.5 Patch 4 HF1 and have not upgraded. oddly I was able to get an old EETech 220.127.116.11 Recovery Disk to allow me to remove, yet the 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 ones didn't even see the drive yet it was 126.96.36.199 prior to the issues happening. Once the PC rebooted it showed that 188.8.131.52 was installed of EEPC and re-synced and kicked off the re-encrypt, not sure if this is an issue that I will see going forward, or if it was isolated to this PC.