cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougcruzv
Level 7

Error de FingerPrint despues de instalar EEPC

tengo una consulta. recientemente instalamos en mi trabajo EEPC para los clientes con equipos portátiles. resulta que en una de esos equipos, es el unico que tiene configurado el lector de huella digital (todas las portátiles son DELL E6400). Resulta que en dicha portátil despues de hacer el pre-boot aparece un error de sistema operativo por compatibilidad de hardware o Software. mi consulta es si el EEPC puede estar causando alguna incompatibilidad con el hardware de FingerPrint.

Agradecere de antemano su ayuda...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Error de FingerPrint despues de instalar EEPC

Discussion moved from Community Interface Feedback to Encryption: ePO Managed

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

We would need to know the exact error message, and version of EEPC before we could tell you if your error is related.

0 Kudos
dougcruzv
Level 7

just got another laptop with the same error but no fingerprint. the problem I have is that both machines have windows 7 and I can not create the CD to recover the operating system ... someone can help me.

0 Kudos
dougcruzv
Level 7

I do not think the problem is the fingerprint.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

start by telling us

1. what product / version you are using

2. what the exact error message is

0 Kudos
dougcruzv
Level 7

The version we use is 6.1.1 and the error that appears is the boot selection failed a required device is Because inaccessible. Will not let me read the recovery disk to run the operating system.
and create the Recovery CD in the footsteps of EETech Recovery disk using WinPE3, but still will not let me recover the operating system.

The version we use is 6.1.1 and the error that appears is the boot selection failed a required device is Because inaccessible. Will not let me read the recovery disk to run the operating system.
and create the Recovery CD in the footsteps of EETech Recovery disk using WinPE3, but still will not let me recover the operating system.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I'm afraid that's not an error message I recognize - are you sure that's exactly what's on the screen? Can you take a picture and post it here?

The EETech disk will not let you fix the OS - that's not its purpose, it's to fix EEPC.  If there's no error with EEPC, the EETech CD only really for decrypting the drive so you can fix a Windows error.

Start by telling us exactly what the error message is - or post a screen shot of it. There's no error message in the source with the text

the boot selection failed a required device is Because inaccessible

0 Kudos
dougcruzv
Level 7

CD is the recovery of EETech would serve me just as I explained, in order to remove the Encryption and execute an operating system repair. The problem is that even with the recovery CD, when I run the operating system recovery error tells me that the disk is not accessible (I guess because the disk is encrypted, it is still accessible)

what is the procedure to remove the encryption of the disk when an operating system problem?

I attached the image that appears when I run the operating system repair.

23122011032.jpg

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Do you have multiple copies of the OS installed?

Regardless though, the correct procedure is to do a "remove EEPC" from EETech - that will put you back to an unencrypted machine, then you can fix the Windows problem.

0 Kudos