Hi Guys, I'd appreciate any help you could provide.
We encypted 10 new Lenovo laptops, and had a few bumps along the way, but managed to get them all encrypted and allowing our domain users to log in with their credentials.
Then all of the sudden, one after another, Endpoint Encryption will no longer let anyone log in. giving the 'Unknown User' error mentioned above. It won't recognize any domain users including ones that had been working fine for days. Won't recognize Adminstrator either.
We go through the product recovery to get in to Windows, but after restarting get the same thing. If we re-install the agent from scratch we can end up getting it to work again.
Oh, and we noticed that after this happens, the Domain Users group has been removed from the Encrypted Users list in EPO.
We are using EPO version 4.5.
Assign few users manually, sync, and check if they can pre-boot.
If user group was removed, and that was the only mechanism to add pre-boot users, no wonder this stopped working properly.
Yes, but the group disappeared on its own-its not being removed by us......
We can add the group back in, and restart 8 or 9 times and get it to work again.
Happened here. User has been logging in fine. We are testing MDE to see if we want to go with it. Last night we tested two users in the ePO Encryption Users group to make sure they could log into DE on his machine and they could as expected. Tested one user that shouldn't be able to authenticate to DE and he couldn't (as expected) getting the Unknown User EE050002 error. Shut the machine down and this morning the user is not able to authenticate through DE, he keeps getting the Unknown user EE050002. I have no doubt that he's typing his user name correctly.