cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eobiont
Level 7

Endpoint Encryption hangs when iPhone is attached.

When I  boot a machine with endpoint encryption installed, if an iPhone is plugged in to the computer, the user is never presented with an opportunity to authenticate to EE.  It just sits at the EE splash screen with no "Logon" window.  Unplugging the iPhone and rebooting allows the user to log in normally.

Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do about it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Endpoint Encryption hangs when iPhone is attached.

What version of eepc, and can you reproduce this on all your machines, just one model, or just one machine?

Sounds like a bios USB issue - do you have any of the USB compatibility options selected?

0 Kudos
eobiont
Level 7

The ones I've looked at are on 6.1.2.  I was not aware of the problem myself.  I have gotten user reports of the problem (various HW models and manufacturers) so I tried to reproduce on my Dell Lat D430 and was able to reproduce the problem.

I have not gotten it to work correctly on any laptop models I've tried  (lenovo X61, Fujitsu W2, Lat D630) So at least three manufacutrers. 

EnablePre-boot USB support is checked in our settings.  I don't know of other USB options in the EE policy.  Unchecking pre-boot USB I think would cause several other problems.

0 Kudos
touch0ph
Level 7

ePO 4.5

EEPC 6.1.2 Patch 2

We're seeing the same thing here.  When an iPhone or iPad is plugged into the device, on restart, the McAfee splash screen appears but no login.  Pre-Boot USB support is enabled.  Removing the device from the USB port, booting, logging into EEPC and plugging the device back in is the work around.

0 Kudos
cpromen
Level 9

We had this issue with any external USB storage device.  Support told us to uncheck the pre-boot USB option, which we did, and we have not anymore issues.

0 Kudos
touch0ph
Level 7

@cpromen

Yeah we've had that enabled since the start.  I wonder if it's more hardware related.  We're mostly a Dell shop (E6410, E6400, D630, D620).

Same version of ePO and EEPC as me?

0 Kudos
cpromen
Level 9

We are a Dell shop too.  We have E6400s, E6410s, E6420s and now E6430's in production. 

We are on ePO 4.6 patch 1 and EEPC 6.1.3 with the hotfix.

0 Kudos
foliveir
Level 11

Hello,

This was fixed in 6.2 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73499).

HTH,

Fausto

touch0ph
Level 7

Yep that seems to be it.  Thanks for the reference.

0 Kudos