Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jickfoo
Level 11

Encryption wont start , Incompatible HP Product

Jump to solution

Here's the error: 

2012-01-25 16:15:30,799 ERROR EpoPlugin userHandler: failed to process batched user data response: [0xEE010003] INCOMPATIBLE PRODUCT(S) DETECTED! The following incompatible product(s) were found: HP ProtectTools FVE

We've uninstalled Protect tools and rebooted numerous times. I even renamed the Protecttools directory.

Does anyone know what MEE is looking for ?

Justin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Encryption wont start , Incompatible HP Product

Jump to solution

This is very mysterious - its looking for the presence of one specific file, every other time this file does not exist, it works perfectly, but you have 3 machines out of your entire population which EEPC thinks have this file installed, yet you can't find it.

I guess you could clear out all the competitive rules? I would not reccomend it - there must be enough of DEPT left to cause a problem, and the whole point of this feature is to stop you doing what you are trying to do.

Here's a thread on this - note, you're getting into "unsupported" territory, which means if it messes up, you won't be able to get free support from McAfee to resolve it.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/223999#223999

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 1/27/12 10:16:26 AM EST
0 Kudos
14 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

it's looking for the DEPT drivers - sbhpcm.dll in system32

You'll find the exact scope in the "Defaultproductdetections.xml" file in your EPO admin plugin. I have an old one here, not sure if it's changed so check.

<products xsi:type="ns1Smiley TongueDProduct">

<name>HP OEM client</name>

<osType>Windows</osType>

<rules xsi:type="ns1Smiley TongueDRule">

<fileEntries xsi:type="ns1Smiley TongueDFileEntry">

<path>[WinSysDir]\sbhpcm.dll</path>

</fileEntries>

</rules>

</products>

0 Kudos
jickfoo
Level 11

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. That file doesnt exist. Also, I cant find that Defaultproductdetections.xml file anywhere on my EPO Server.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

the XML must be there, otherwise it would not work at all - I think it's in the EEAdmin zip.

0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Jump to solution

Which version of EEAdmin do you have installed ?

0 Kudos
jickfoo
Level 11

Jump to solution
Endpoint Encryption : Admin
admin - January 23, 2012 9:30:53 AM EST
0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Jump to solution

As SafeBoot mentioned, the product detection scripts are present for hp protect tools..

So can you please check that the file 'sbhpcm.dll' doesn't exist on the machine in the windows system directory.

0 Kudos
jickfoo
Level 11

Jump to solution

dir sbh*.dll / s

from command prompt this only returns sbhp.dll. This is the only disk on the machine.

Is it looking for registry entries ?

Justin

0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Jump to solution

The only check is for the following file in the windows system directory....  IE. C:\Windows\System32\sbhpcm.dll

If this file is not present, can I suggest you raise a ticket, so that it can be investigated.

Also could you please clarify what version of HP Protect Tools you are running.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

No, it's simply looking for that file.

make sure you're looking in the right place for it - if you have an x64 system, it won't be in system32 for example.

type "set" at a command prompt to see where your systemroot folder is.

Also remember windows will hide critical files from you in explorer, so you can't use that to find the file - you need to use cmd.

and, PLEASE don't delete the file! you will probably end up with a BSOD if you do as unless it's uninstalled properly. the registry will still have it listed as a critical driver.

0 Kudos