cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption Agent not installed by EEPC is!

Hello all,

I've been rolling out Encyption to a couple hundred pc's and has seemed to gone reasonably well. However, I have 8 or so computers that have problems. Having a look on ePO server under "installed Products" for these clients, i've noticed that they have the EEPC software installed but not the EE Agent. Bizzare! My client task for Encyption is to install the EE Agent then the EEPC software. As the vast majority of my clients have installed with no probs, i'm just chalking it upto "just one of those things".

What is the best approach now to push th emissing EE agent down - or the best proceedure?

• Manually create a new task for these 8 computers to install the missing EE Agent?
  • Or repush and overwright the McAfee agent in hope it will reinstall everything (AV and Encryption again)?
  • Or...?

As these are live systems 9am-5pm, i want to avoid that Encryption diaglog box to reboot pop up (at least during working hours). Would you think this would happen?

Thanks

2 Replies
epomd
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Encryption Agent not installed by EEPC is!

Here is a result screen capture of what I have been seeing during a migration. I notice that the agent will display and then not display but is erratic. SQL is reporting client data and then at another moment will look like it was never installed. I am looking into the problem and will let you know if I find anything concrete.

Jay

9-28-2012 3-28-26 PM.jpg

Re: Encryption Agent not installed by EEPC is!

On a side note, I experience similar behavior.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community