cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted Drive v.7.1.3.604 / Need to start Windows Recovery Console Win 7 from bootable USB/CD to use recovery point?

Hello Everyone,

Have someone idea, how I could get access to disk, which is encrypted, and start from Recovery Console USB/CD (this one from installation of windows)?

I have during start blue screen and I know, that it is, because drivers installations. I have recovery points which can be used but to recover I have to start windows recovery console Win 7 and use correct recovery point.

I have tried find such of option or possibility on this forum but it's look like such of discus was not started or nobody asked for this.

P.S.

Or if it is possible offline decrypt whole drive via e.g tool EZPE32v75 or similar?

Szymon Makowski

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Encrypted Drive v.7.1.3.604 / Need to start Windows Recovery Console Win 7 from bootable USB/CD to use recovery point?

Hi there,

you have to first use the EZPE32v75  recovery tools to decrypt the drive and then you can boot from the normal Windows recovery tools and restore to a good recovery point.

Get secure. Stay secure.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community