cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted Drive v.7.1.3.604 / Need to start Windows Recovery Console Win 7 from bootable USB/CD to use recovery point?

Hello Everyone,

Have someone idea, how I could get access to disk, which is encrypted, and start from Recovery Console USB/CD (this one from installation of windows)?

I have during start blue screen and I know, that it is, because drivers installations. I have recovery points which can be used but to recover I have to start windows recovery console Win 7 and use correct recovery point.

I have tried find such of option or possibility on this forum but it's look like such of discus was not started or nobody asked for this.

P.S.

Or if it is possible offline decrypt whole drive via e.g tool EZPE32v75 or similar?

Szymon Makowski

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Encrypted Drive v.7.1.3.604 / Need to start Windows Recovery Console Win 7 from bootable USB/CD to use recovery point?

Hi there,

you have to first use the EZPE32v75  recovery tools to decrypt the drive and then you can boot from the normal Windows recovery tools and restore to a good recovery point.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center