cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EZPE - GUI File Managers Do Not Paste

Prior to EZPE we just used the command line to map a drive, copy folders to a safe place when disaster strikes.  EZPE 6.5 includes the
A56 File Manger and  Explorer++, but neither actually work for me.  As far as a workflow, I have used EEOpalTech to enter the code of the day and authenticated with the token option so as to unlock the C: drive.

Explorer++ does not have an option to map a drive, but A56 does have one that does not work (A56 does not display any dialog when clicking on that menu option).

Mapping a drive from the command line of course works and both products see the mapped drive.  Unfortunately, neither allow you to copy/paste.  Explorer++ allows you to "copy" but the option to "paste" is always disabled.  A56 allows you to "copy" and "paste" is enabled, but does not actually paste. I have tried this locally on the C: drive, on the network drive and between these two drives with the same result. Of course there are no issues with the command line and good ole xcopy.

1 Reply
McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: EZPE - GUI File Managers Do Not Paste

Hi There, Sorry for the very late response. Funny that you asked that question, because I just finished with 7.1. I spent some time tonight figuring out how to implement this. Check out new Version 7 posted today and see if you like the addition.

Thank you for the suggestion!

The new EZPE Drive Mapper. See instructions in the instructions and on the EZPE forum page.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community