cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETech INF install for ADK/WinPE

I have created an INF file that will allow the install of EETech through ADK's add-driver function. It places the files provided by McAfee  in the required locations and creates the registry keys needed, as described in KB77165, for software based encryption.

Place the .inf file in a folder with the 64bit and 32 bit files, provided for EETech for 7.0, in folders named Win64 and Win32, respectively.

Then create and mount your WinPE image.

For 32-bit installs use dism /image:<mount directory> /add-driver /driver:<path to inf>\EETechPE4.inf

For 64-bit installs use dism /image:<mount directory> /add-driver /driver:<path to inf>\EETechPE4.inf /forceunsigned

Any questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Updated .INF file, because the theme folder was accidentally named themes

Message was edited by: rgonza10 on 9/20/13 9:53:12 AM CDT
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: EETech INF install for ADK/WinPE

I'm about to start the process of building a WinPE4 EETech and I came across this post and your inf file. Thanks.

One thing, however -- I was puzzled by the KB article's mention of using a couple of Win32 modules in the Win64 build, so I raised a McAfee Service Request and queried that. McAfee Support responded that the KB article is wrong (and will be corrected, they said) -- the Win32 modules should NOT be included in the Win64 build because Smartcard tokens are NOT supported in the Win64 build.

SeanKeeley,

Thank you for that information about the Win32 modules, I will update the INF and post it with those modules removed from the Win64 directives. If I recall correctly, there were only the two modules though. (EpeTokenSmartcard.dll and EpeReaderPcsc.dll)

Attached is the new version with the two Win32 modules removed, noted above. It isn't tested, but there is not a huge difference, so it should work. If you have any problems with it, let me know and I will figure out what happened.

Message was edited by: rgonza10 on 11/13/13 8:15:06 PM CST

Message was edited by: rgonza10 on 11/13/13 8:21:18 PM CST
JayMan
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Nice work. Definately seems like something McAfee should already be providing, surely it'd make their lives easier (i.e. less support problems) by having an automated method rather than making customers do it manually.

I had been considering doing this for some time but didn't know enough about creating INF's and haven't had a chance to research. Do you have a some links on how to create INF's? It could come in handy in future.

JayMan,

I used Microsoft's documentation on INF file sections and directives. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff547433(v=vs.85).aspx

I found it helpful for the syntax of each section and to figure out exactly what needed to be included in the INF file for it to function properly.

This http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463445.aspx has some good general gidelines for how to create the INF files as well.

The INF installer has been updated for Drive Encryption version 7.1

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community