cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EETech 7.1 (aka DETech) Not Compatible with EEPC 7.0 Machine (!)

I agree.  It's getting impossible for our support team to manage the many different versions of EETECH. We have several versions of EEPC/MDE in use including 5.2, 6.2. 7.1.

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 21

Have you seen this?

It works with 7.1. It's Beta but might be worth a look.

I'm going through the testing process now to upgrade from EEPC 7.0.0 to MDE 7.1.1 and for grins I tried my original 7.0.0 boot disks on a 7.1.1 encrypted drive and was able to unlock it and remove MDE just fine.  Now, I realize McAfee won't agree that this is supported and can't guarantee anything but I do find it odd that the 7.0.0 tools worked on a 7.1.1 system but the 7.1.1 tools don't work on a 7.0.0 system (I'll have to try that out next).

I did finally get a chance to test the MDE 7.1.1 tools on a 7.0.0 install and it also worked.  I used the Emergency boot CD, was able to to put in the code of the day, the XML file, load the workspace and decrypt it in memory to verify the key worked as expected.  Then I did an emergency boot and it did work.  I didn't try to remove EEPC since the Linux boot disc decrypts much slower than the PE DEtech does since it uses generic drivers.  I'll be having our boot key team (they do boot keys for other stuff as well like the system deployment boot key) update our PE boot disk with the new 7.1.1 files and then give that a try as well.  I know McAfee will not support this but in a pinch, it's at least good to know you can unlock the drive and copy the data if needed.

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 21

New Version releases of EZPE32. Most versions under one hood.

Unfortunately the software download links in the document are blocked by both Chrome and IE because the SSL certificate for the site is not trusted.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 21

All the links I checked work for me - which one is your computer complaining about?

The files are stored on Dropbox after all - I can't imagine they would have an unnoticed cert problem?

I'm using Chrome 39 (32 bit) on Windows 7 SP1. Here's what happens.

2014-11-21_17-21-29.png

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 21

I'm using Chrome on OSX, and it works fine - I am guessing this is a problem between your machine and Dropbox 😞

Maybe try downloading it from another machine / another location?

Highlighted

You can always download from untrusted sites with most browsers, BUT this is very clearly a bad idea. My complaint is that a security company should not be posting executable code on a site with a self-signed certificate (you can see this on the Certification Path tab of the Certificate Manager dialog on the screen shot above).

We spend time training our users NOT to visit sites which are not trusted, and here our security vendor is telling us to download code from such a site..

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community