cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETECH.ZIP needed

Hey guys, i need to get my hands on a new Copy of the eetech.zip, we just upgraded to EEPC 6.0.1 and i need to do a recovery. I have a old version and have that safeboot CD however it does not work with this version.. I have the Code for the day just need to get my hands on the eetech.zip to create a new recovery CD..

Thanks in Advance

Brad

20 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 21

Re: EETECH.ZIP needed

You can download the latest EEPC6 package using your grant number from the enterprise site. http://mcaf.ee/3c089

hey simon, i have been all through there, in both the Tools Section beta section and even when in to the downlads available under our grant number. Am i not looking in the right place, or is listed as something other than eetech.zip

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 21

EETech is part of the EEPC6 product, so you need to download the product itself.

Gotcha, Thank you Sir. Have a good one.

Hi Safeboot!

I need to decrypt and/or recover the disk information of a damaged computer. The disk is encrypted with Endpoint Encryption 6.1.0 and  i can't start windows cause the startup crashes before the traditional login / password user requeriments of McAfee EE.

So, i've just downloaded the iso file and also burned it to CD. Everything worked!,,until I tried to authenticate with the xml file exported from the ePO.

When I select the option to browse and find the xml file, a window appears showing just the option "Drive". In addition, no removable devices can be recognized.

So I can not browse into the device and I can not import the file. Finally, I can not authenticate and perform the recovery tasks of EE Tech standalone that i need.

Any suggestions?

P.d. When i tried to authenticate with the token password of the damaged computer it shows this message: Error 0xEE020006 - Endpoint Encryption - disk information not present. That's why i tried to authenticated with the xml file.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Eetech stand alone or eetech on winpe ?

If its the former , use the latter. If its the latter, then make sure oh plug the stick in prior to booting the machine. It all depends on where you got the ISo from though, and whether it has the right drivers for your hardware.

It's EETech stand alone from the EETech.zip package of EndPoint Encryption 6.1.3.

I built the ISO using the steps on this post: https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2011/04/20/how-to-create-an-ee-tech... , using Nero Burning ROM 10 in a Windows 7 environment.

EETech_issue.jpg

This is a picture of the issue. Note that EETech does'nt recognized the USB device that i plugged into the machine (before and during the booting). Also, i tried clicking on the Enable USB option but does not work.

is the thumb drive formatted as a fat drive ?

No. It's a NTFS drive. I also tried to format it as a FAT drive and didn't work.

There's a list of the errors that appears when i perform certain tasks:

Turn on the machine (Booting): 0x020006 - Endpoint Encryption disk information not present.

Perform "Remove EE" (EETech WinPE): 0x120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active

Try to authenticate with token (EETech standalone & WinPE): 0x020006 - Endpoint Encryption disk information not present.

Perform "Decrypt" in Crypt Sectors Option (EETech WinPE): 0x120000 - Endpoin Encryption is not currently active

Perform "Decrypt" in Force Crypt Sector Options (EETech WinPE- after 30% of the process): 0x020001 - Error reading disk error

The goal is to decrypt the disk, no matter is may not boot again. I just want to recover the stored  information.

Message was edited by: freddyistvan on 5/24/12 9:14:28 AM CDT

Message was edited by: freddyistvan on 5/24/12 9:20:40 AM CDT
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.