cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sohel
Level 7

EEPC v7.x Theme

How can I create a complete new theme for EEPC v7.x? I'm talking about changing login screen, so during PBA it shows my company name instead of McAfee default login screen.

any help...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: EEPC v7.x Theme

Moved to the Encryption: ePO Managed forum for better support.

0 Kudos
Sohel
Level 7

Thanks, I'm familiar with this process in product guide, and I am using a diffrent image for my background.

however, I'm trying to remove below logo from login screen, so I can put our company name or NO name.

Capture.JPG

any idea how I can acieve that?

Your help is much appreciated.

-Sohel

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

It's possible if you deconstruct and rebuild the entire theme, but that's not something you can generally get support on - Removing our product branding is not something we normally offer.

If you have platinum support you may be able to get help, otherwise you'll need professional services assistance - there's no official documentation on deep theme modification.

Start by unzipping one of the existing themes - from there you might be able to work it out.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Page 89 of the product guide talks about chnging the background image - http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24423/en_US/e...

if you wanted to change the complete theme, this is possible, but not something you can get support for outside of professional services. You don't need to create a whole new theme if you just want to add your logo to the background though.

0 Kudos
newag
Level 7

I'll tell you how you can do it:

1. Download latest Endpoint Encryption for PC zip package from McAfee Support Page (https://secure.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/my-products/login.aspx)

2. Look for McAfeeTheme.zip in McAfeeEEPCxxx.zip\EEPC ePo Extensions\Endpoint Encryption Admin x.x.x\EEADMIN.zip\webapp\theme and extract this archive to custom destination

3. Now you can extract Background.png from McAfeeTheme.zip, modify logo and add again to archive

4. Load entire McAfeeTheme.zip package to ePo (Menu - Server Setting - Endpoint Encryption - Manage Theme)

5. Finally you musy only editing you Policy and choose appropriate Theme to Endpoint Encryption Product Setting Policy

Message was edited by: newag on 10/10/13 2:45:19 PM CEST

Message was edited by: newag on 10/10/13 2:46:43 PM CEST
0 Kudos
Konstantin_M
Level 9

I think better to modify PNG files wich include logo( *Banner.png):

2013-10-15 11_50_25-WinZip - McAfeeTheme.zip.png

Message was edited by: Konstantin_M on 10/15/13 4:22:14 AM CDT
Sohel
Level 7

I tried your process but received error when I try to chek-in new theme (step # 4) into ePO.

0 Kudos
newag
Level 7

What kind of error do you receive ? You must doing something wrong. When I uploaded Theme with zip extension everything is OK.

Message was edited by: newag on 10/17/13 3:29:19 PM CEST
0 Kudos
Sohel
Level 7

sorry for my late reseponse.

no errors! all good. Thanks for all your help :-)

0 Kudos