cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfahey
Level 7

EEPC v6.01 Windows 7 Encrypted & Decrypted

Greetings,

I'm evaluating EEPC v6.01 currently testing on Win7 32 &64 Bit systems. I have 6 guinea pig systems. 3 of which seems to be encrypted and reporting as such, the other 3 are showing decrypted. No clue as to why. All have the same policies and tasks... The only variable is the person who built the computer...the 32 or 64 bit seems to be irrelevant... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: EEPC v6.01 Windows 7 Encrypted & Decrypted

Their hard disks...are they partitioned the same way? Win 7 can have special 100MB partition.

0 Kudos
lfahey
Level 7

I would imagine that they all have the 100MB partition with no drive letter assigned. I have changed the encryption policy to encrypt "All Disks" but thus far that has not made any difference.

Lance

0 Kudos
lfahey
Level 7

I have performed some additional testing.... Uninstall the McAfee encryption agent and client... rebooted... reinstalled the McAfee agent, then installed the encryption agent and then the cleint... still no sucess. Is anyone else having issues with Windows 7?

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Make sure to apply two ee (product and user) policies, some time AFTER EEPC installation task is done.

0 Kudos
lfahey
Level 7

Both Policies have been configured... Like I stated before.... I have the same polciies and tasks on 6 Win7 systems... 3 work fine 3 will not encrypted but are "active" with users assigned..

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

I have found thet EEPC v6 deployment works better if EE product is installed on client systems first. Without any policies applied, and only after confirming that installation is finished, I apply policies. It works more reliably that way (as two-stage installation).

0 Kudos
lfahey
Level 7

I was able to determine the problem. The three system that had an issue were not built normally. The users had kept a Lenovo hidden service partition rather than formatting the entire drive when they install Win7. I enabled encryption on 'All Disks" and it magically fixed the problem... I know I tried this before... but it is work great now..

Message was edited by: Lance Fahey on 4/30/10 2:59:09 PM CDT
0 Kudos