I am trying to test the EEPC functionality in order to roll it out. I built 2 identical PCs from the same image. Deployed GO, the EEPC Agent, EEPC client as well as EEFF. Logged in to both as the same user and let the magic happen.
System #1 worked perfectly. Asked to reboot a few times (once for EEPC, once for EEFF) and I see the EE:ALDU tag was applied. It is encrypted with my custom preboot screen and it sync'ed my AD password. Huzzah!
System #2 is still stuck at System State=Inactive. In the MfeEpe.log I see the following:
2013-10-16 20:31:13,255 INFO EpoPlugin collectProperties: dispatching disk list to AgentHandler
2013-10-16 20:31:42,770 INFO EpoPlugin enforcePolicy: new policy store created (session 1381953272).
2013-10-16 20:31:43,066 INFO EpoPlugin enforcePolicy: Waiting for OptIn users (i.e. non-default UBP users) before enforcing policy.
2013-10-16 20:31:43,066 INFO EpoState == Start of policy enforcement ==
2013-10-16 20:31:43,066 INFO StatusService Policy enforcement has started
2013-10-16 20:31:43,066 INFO EpoPlugin enforceUserPolicy: Dispatching enforce policy event.
2013-10-16 20:31:43,066 INFO EpoPlugin policyHandler: handling EnforcePolicy event
2013-10-16 20:31:43,082 ERROR EpoPlugin policyHandler: activation aborted due to failed health checks.
2013-10-16 20:31:43,082 INFO StatusService Policy enforcement has completed
2013-10-16 20:31:43,082 INFO EpoState == End of policy enforcement ==
on #2 I do not see the EE:ALDU tag. When checking the users assigned to this PC I did not see any (in Menu, Data Protection, Encryption users)... so I added one and made it look like system #1's entry. This did not have any effect.
I also see that GO is not a product installed on system #2. They are both subnect to the same client tasks. Attached are basic screen grabs of the tasks.
Any direction for what I should do to complete the process on this system would be appreciated. Ideas why GO did not deploy? Is that the missing piece?
Normally, this issue has something to do with the time the ePO spends in parsing the events coming from the EEPC agent. The more events on the DB\Events folder, the longer it takes for the Activation to complete. I've seen issues wherein the activation takes at least 3 days to complete thus, you might want to clear up the DB\Events folder and see whether it helps.
I'm also seeing this same error on a Windows 8.1 machine. This PC was decrypted on Friday so it can be upgraded from Windows 8.0 Pro. Already checked to make sure the HDD is OK. No new software added since Friday, other than Win 8.1.
"policyHandler: activation aborted due to failed health checks"
Your policy is saying "don't activate until EEGo provides a positive health check". If no EEGo is present to report this, then activation will keep on failing.
Recommend checking your policy.