Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

EEPC issue with DELL laptops

Hi,

Today I tried to encrypt DELL n5110 Laptop with EEPC 6.1.3, but after first restart Windows has crashed.

I got the following error message:  0xee020002. I think the main problem is BIOS mode what we have changed on ATA.

At this time we can not change it because of some company policies.

How can I make EEPC work with ATA mode? any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: frince on 7/25/12 2:58:03 AM CDT
6 Replies
marc
Level 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: EEPC issue with DELL laptops

Hi,

for some Notebooks the issue was solved with  Hotfix 7409862 for EEPC 6.1.3. Also you can try EEPC 6.2. And check there is a biosupdate for the Dell Notebook.

regards

marc

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Hi marc,

On DELL I had installed Endpoint Encryption for PC v6.1.3 with HF7409862 but it does not helped.

Will 6.2 version solve my issue? Is there any solution on McAfee Knowled Base before I will test it?

thanks

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I think with ATA mode you might be in trouble - that's not the normal mode for running a SATA hard disk in, and leverages parts of the BIOS not normally used (or tested). Depending on how good the BIOS code is, it may be possible to make it work.

regardless, the first thing support will tell you is to validate with 6.2 - no fixes will be released for 6.1.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

SafeBoot,

OK, I'll try 6.2, but I have a lot of client laptops with 6.1.3 agent. If I'll upgrade it to 6.2 will I need to reinstall new agents for all client laptops? As I know 6.1 agents work fine with 6.2?

Message was edited by: frince on 7/26/12 1:37:46 AM CDT
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

not sure what your question is now?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

I have tested the configuratioin and with the EEPC v6.2.0.296 and ATA Mode (on a DELL laptop): is still NOT working => 0xEE020002

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community