Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
easy1ndian
Level 11

EEPC/EEFF & Token

Jump to solution

Hi there,

We are about to purchase VASCO/Safeword tokens for implementing two-factor authentication across the network. I read somewhere that If I use fingerprint to login to EEPC/EEF PC; I can only use that PC for that paricular person. Is it the same with tokens as well?

Thanks

1ndian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC/EEFF & Token

Jump to solution

if you can carry your token with you, you can authenticate wherever you plug it in ;-)

The problem with BIO devices that are built into laptops, is of course, that you can't take them with you - same problem with TPM chips.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

if you can carry your token with you, you can authenticate wherever you plug it in ;-)

The problem with BIO devices that are built into laptops, is of course, that you can't take them with you - same problem with TPM chips.

0 Kudos
easy1ndian
Level 11

Jump to solution

That Makes Sense! Thank you.

0 Kudos
mherrera
Level 9

Jump to solution

This means that EEPC will not have support for TPM or biometric devices?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

stop shouting!

EEPC5 already has support for TPM and some biometric tokens, including those built in, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say?

I personally just don't believe they add much value, and they certainly take away a lot of flexibility.

0 Kudos
mherrera
Level 9

Jump to solution

The current version of EEPC (6.0.1) has no support for TPM and Biometric readers.

I have tested the beta version 6.1, either.

What do you mean when you say, "and they certainly take away a lot of flexibility". ?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

my post above explains that?

0 Kudos
mherrera
Level 9

Jump to solution

I do not understand.

The assertion that using biometric readers to authenticate only a single user is not true.

In the Pre-BOOT encrypted computers, many users can be stored independently of the authentication system.

The current version of Endpoint Encryption used as tokens SmarCard card / PKI but does not support TPM and Biometric Readers.

If HP Protect Tools is SafeBoot under another name, why support TPM and biometric readers from different manufacturers?

Most professional range notebooks incorporating TPM and fingerprint readers

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

You are missing all the architectural issues with those two tokens - they both require us to lock certain details about the individual within the token themselves, so, the ONLY place that identity can login is on the token their "secret" is locked within.

I never mentioned there was a limit as to how many users could use a particular token, only that once you ARE using a non-movable token, you are also non-movable as well.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

HP protect tools is not "SafeBoot" under another name - it's a completely different product.

0 Kudos