cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doktorbanner
Level 9

EEPC 7.0.2 Product Deployment Command Line Parameters

Is there a list of Command Line parameters/options for EEPC 7.0.2 when deployed via ePO?  I am successful installing in FIPS mode, but I would also like to force the machines to reboot.  I can get the product to install based on Custom Property tags, but when no one is logged into the machine and the product deploys it does not begin activation.  I want to have the product deploy without any user intervention.  I have currently tested FIPS REBOOT and FIPS RESTART.  Neither of those work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
odedb
Level 9

Re: EEPC 7.0.2 Product Deployment Command Line Parameters

Hi,

I think the below link would answer your question. Note that when installing via ePO, you can still provide command line paramaters and the standard msiexec paramaters apply (you can check for more options by running msiexec /? from command line)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72802#EEPC_7_0_P2

0 Kudos
doktorbanner
Level 9

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried those, well except for the /q. I will say from all of my reading when installing via ePO the fips install instructions are just to put fips in the command line field. Tomorrow I will try /q and post feedback. I really don't want two different installs for the 32 and 64 bit versions. I would think that if I can install with fips enabled by entering fips in the field I should just be able to enter restart next to it. Again thank you for the link.

0 Kudos
doktorbanner
Level 9

The command line options used during third party installation do not work in the ePO command line parameters field.  Right now I am going to instruct users to reboot when prompted.  I still want to force a reboot, if anyone has been successful using the ePO console to do this please let me know.

0 Kudos