cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: EEPC 6 Theme

The theme update task will only work once. If the theme is not updating you need to modify the theme (ie, make it look like it's a new theme) then wakeup and update again.

Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 21

Thanks but that didnt work.

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 13 of 21

This has been flagged up to engineering and will be looked at..

But in the meantime try the following :

1. From Server Settings, Themes.  Create a new custom theme based on the new default theme, rather than edit the the existing as it would still be based on the old default theme.
    1. This will trigger for the theme package to be re-created and you will see this by checking the date and time in the master repository.
  2. Change the product policy, so that it now uses the new custom theme.
  3. Perform a wakeup agent.
  4. Wait for the policy to enforce on the client.
  5. Perform another wake up agent.

The reason for the 2 wakeup agents is that EEPC/EEMAC may be in the process of a policy enforcement when the theme package is downloaded.  So won't get enforce until the next enforcement.

New theme should now be applied..  

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 14 of 21

Thanks again but that also didnt work. After trying this procedure I rebooted again and then forced sync from the client side. I then rebooted and still no custom theme.

Highlighted

It can be frustrating trying to find the exact steps to get it to work but it really does work in the end...

If you follow the above steps by whgibbo, but add step 6 - perform a one-time update theme task, you should be good to go...the theme update task is the one that will update the them only if it deems it a new theme. Any subsequent theme updates for the same theme will do nothing, in my experience.

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 16 of 21

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the additional step.. Will investigate why this is needed.

Glad you got it working

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 17 of 21

I appreciate the response. Excuse my ignorance but I am a EPO newb. It's not apparent to me how to "create a theme update task". I see the various areas where you can create tasks but 'update theme' is not an option.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 18 of 21

Think I found where to create it.

After all this, the task still doesnt run. My PC sees it as a new task but it still doesnt run.

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 19 of 21

ok, after much jockeying I realized that the theme "sort-of" loads. The login dialog box has the correct image on top but the background image is the Mcafee Endpoint Encryption screen. I had it set to plain blue.

Highlighted

In all honesty, I think you'd have this resolved much faster if you called your support channel and had them walk through the process with you.

I had the exact same issue, called support, had it resolved...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community