cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12

EEPC 6 Patch 1 Released

I noticed on the McAfee download site that EEPC 6 Patch 1 was released today. The release notes show they fixed some major problems. i.e. 

Resolved Issues

Issues from previous releases of the EEPC that have been fixed in this release are li...
  • Removal of the EEPC is possible even when the EEPC is active on the client system.
  • EETech: Clicking Enable USB two or more times results in the same USB being listed as a different drive under Authentication | File.
  • Pre-Boot storage size resets to default (20 MB) after restarting ePO server.
  • When a Lenovo system is encrypted and booted with BartPE EETech Recovery Boot Disk, user is unable to see the C: drive contents in A43 File Management Utility.
  • Windows hangs during the startup on Lenovo systems with an ATI graphics card running Windows XP.
  • Unable to navigate to the Recovery Type page under Menu | Data Protection | Encryption Recovery in ePO.
  • Allows to access the Select User page under Menu | Data Protection | Encryption Recovery even when the System Recovery option is selected.
  • Unexpected error is observed while using Quick Find option on Manage Simple Words page without having any simple word group.
  • Changing default password setting to a new password for assigned users who are not initialized does not accept both new and old default passwords in upgrade scenario.
  • Error accessing file EE050014 after resuming from hibernation.
  • New Token Integration for Gemalto .NET V2 Endpoint applet (Credit Suisse).
  • The Endpoint Encryption Windows logon page on locked XP system hangs if the logon page is left idle for 2 minutes.
  • Delete user if the user is disabled in Active Directory option under Menu | Configuration | Server Settings | Endpoint Encryption | Edit is not functioning and the Pre-Boot Authentication is bypassed.
  • Win XP SP3 issue : The Endpoint Encryption logon screen appears on locking the workstation even when the Endpoint Encryption logon is disabled.
  • GINA does not chain to any DLL other than MSGINA.DLL.
  • Dell D630C laptops do not display the Pre-Boot Authentication page and they hang displaying a black screen.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
challiwag
Level 10

Re: EEPC 6 Patch 1 Released

I noticed that there is no upgrade from 5.x as promissed though

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

That is suppose to be in 6.1 not 6.0.1.

0 Kudos
rjordap
Level 7

ok, so patch 6.1 isn't already released, i'm right?

0 Kudos
challiwag
Level 10

V 6 patch 1 has been released, but it seems it is a minor version 6.0.1....... All symantecs to me to be honest !( I dont want to get into an argument regarding version numbering)

It specifically says in the release notes that it doesnt support upgrade from version 5.x

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Correct. Expect version 6.1 early in Q3 2010.

0 Kudos
Dave
Level 7

I havent seen anything about an upgrade fro v5.x in v6.1 - does anyone have any further details please?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
kink80
Level 12

I don't have any further updates regarding the release of EEPC 6.1 but I did find it interesting that in KB68016 of the McAfee Knowledgebase that they said that the migration would be included in EEPC 6 Patch 1 which was released on March 8, 2010. This may be why there is some confusion regarding the migration path availability. The KB68016 was dated January 22, 2010 and is listed as follows:

Corporate KnowledgeBase

Can I upgrade Endpoint Encryption for PC 5.x to Endpoint Encryption for 6.0?

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:KB68016
Published:January 22, 2010

Environment

For details of all supported operating systems, see KB51109

Solution

Upgrading from Endpoint Encryption for PC 5.x.x to PC will be supported with the release of Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.0 Patch 1. Meanwhile, follow the workaround provided in this article.

To receive email notification when this article is updated, click Subscribe at the top of the page. (You must be logged in at https://mysupport.mcafee.com to subscribe.)

Workaround

Until Endpoint Encryption (EEPC) 6.0 Patch 1 is released, treat EEPC 6.0 as a new deployment. This means completely decrypting every EEPC 5.x.x client  and then deploying EEPC 6.0 from ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.

Message was edited by: kink80 on 3/17/10 1:03:35 PM GMT-06:00

Message was edited by: kink80 on 3/17/10 1:04:43 PM GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

it's a typo - ignore it. I asked for it to be corrected.

there will be no migration prior to EEPC 6.1. The situation is as always.

0 Kudos