Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

EEPC 6.2.x with Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition

Our company has recently purchase the enterprise edition of malwarebytes.  I am curious to see if anyone else is using this same setup.  I am finding that the flash and full scans of malwarebytes iscausing systems to BSOD with a generic memory error.  If we remove encryption the problem goes away.

I am trying to identify what files do I need to exclude from the scan to stop the BSOD from happening, anyone have any experience working with both of them together?

I have already exempt C:\Program Files\Mcafee\* as well as the 8-9 drives files in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

I have already contacted Malwarebytes and at this point we have confirmed the problem is not the software (works fine without encryption), but its a conflict with EEPC.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 16

Re: EEPC 6.2.x with Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition

Maybe this is caused by the EEPC modified boot partition. Perhaps Malwarebytes detects a change inside the MBR or in the boot partition caused by McAfee (because of the pre-boot) and tries to restore the default data causing the BSOD

If that's so then you should be aware because if MW really restores a default mbr then you won't be able to decrypt the partition

Level 11

Re: EEPC 6.2.x with Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition

Malwarebytes may not be aware that they cannot interfer with the contents of the files safeboot.rsv and safeboot.fs that are hosted in the root of the c: drive, I would recomend that you try with an exclusion for these two files as a starting point to find what is happening.