cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EEPC 6.2 - Encryption without Encryption User

I am starting to test with EEPC and I pushed out the encryption w/ Agent to a laptop. I didn't assign an Encryption User before doing this. After noticing this I went back and added an encryption user, did a "collect and Send Props" from the encrypted laptop. The log said it added the user, but upon reboot I get an 'parameters authentication token incorrect' error. Is this because I encrypted before adding the encryption user even though I added the user after the fact?

I'm not sure how if these steps are critical to get it to work as intended.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: EEPC 6.2 - Encryption without Encryption User

Can you give us the exact error message - I think you are paraphrasing it - perhaps a screen shot?

Sounds like you're just typing the wrong password maybe?

Highlighted

I ended up doing a token reset for the user I added which let me get to windows. Once I logged in and rebooted it took my AD password just fine. I'm sorry I don't have a screen shot, but the exact error was (Erro EE0F0001 parameters authentication token incorrect). I do recall this happening another time I was testing. I encrypted before adding an encrypted user and the same sort of thing happened. I couldn't log in, did a token reset and then it worked fine. If I add the encrypted user to the machine 1st, and then push out and install EEPC it works as intended. I just didn't know if that was suppose to the correct steps or not, I would have thought you could add a user at any point.

Adding additional users once the encryption is on the laptop is not an issue either.

I will attempt to recreate again on another machine and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

The error means you're typing the wrong password - remember, that passwords are NOT machine specific - once you set one, it gets replicated to all the other machines eventually

Highlighted

I know the password is correct, because if I add the user 1st as I mentioned and type the same password upon 1st preboot after encryption...it works. I understand this error is most likely due to an incorrect password, but I'm positive the password is correct. I will attempt both steps again and see if I get the same results.

Again thanks for the help.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community