cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dvanmeter
Level 9

EEPC 6.1 and user accounts

Perhaps I am wrong but I thought EEPC 6.1 was to add the capability to have local users created within the EPO console and not have to use ldap/AD to pull users in.  If it does I cannot find where to create a local user within epo for encryption without AD to assign to an encrypted system?  Anyone know the answer to this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC 6.1 and user accounts

EEPC6.0/6.1 do not support "local users" - you must connect it to an AD or LDAP directory.

0 Kudos
whgibbo
Level 12

Simon is correct..  There is no plan to support 'local users'

0 Kudos
epoquito
Level 7

No plan at all? Seems like bad news to me, because lot of people are asking for "local users" functionality.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

unfortunately the overwhelming voice of the user community was "we want EPO integration!", and as we all know, EPO does not (yet) manage discrete users.

It will come I expect in time, but until then you can use the v5 product which has it's own built in user management system, or of course you can stand up a private LDAP server and connect that into EPO?

0 Kudos
epoquito
Level 7

I was just surprised with the "no plan" information. Didn't want to troll in here

ePO integration is a great piece of work. Discrete users would be handy, using private LDAP could be considered an unwanted hack, thouh it would work.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

There are always plans epoquito....

0 Kudos