cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sluong
Level 7

EEPC 6.1 User Login name

I wonder if anyone could tell where I am going wrong or is the following a design issue:

Environment: EPO4.5 P4HF1, EEPC6.1,MA4.5P3, Windows AD

I think I got everything working from install, user and computer sync, deploy of clients and  upgrade from v5 to v6 to perserving the password from v5. However, our environment operates first name [space] last name for username for AD and we replicate that in v5.

Here's the problem, when you install v6 or upgrade from v5 to v6, v6 user login challenge screen only accepts last name [comma] [space] first name. Otherwise, it will say UNKNOWN user. I can't think of a way short of telling all the existing users of v5 that in order to be recognised they will have to enter last name [comma] [space] first name. I know to me this is not a big deal but users are not going to like it.

Any advice or info would be much appreciate it.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC 6.1 User Login name

the user name format in eepc6 is set when you create the settings for your AD sync within EPO - you get to set what attributes it uses for the user name, and the displayed name. You can set it to use whatever attribute from your AD you want.

sluong
Level 7

Thanks for your reply.

I knew I had it wrong somewhere. I changed the AD sync to samAccountName for both username and display name.

0 Kudos
akira1234
Level 7

Hi,

i have the same problem, can you tell me where this is changed as there is nothing in the screen where you register the AD synch, and am having a problem with the usernameset up as (firstname.secondname) but the endpoint encryption user name coming in as (firstname secondname),

please help???

0 Kudos
sluong
Level 7

The sync is done through Server Tasks. you create a new task and set it for EE LDAP User/Group Synchronisation.

Select your LDAP Server and match the field that you want for:

User Name

Display Name

Account Control

User Certificate

My setup is:

samaccountname

samaccountname

useraccountcontrol

usercertificate

It might help you out if you use AD Explorer from Sysinternal to view our AD attributes.

0 Kudos
akira1234
Level 7

thanks for that, got it now, SSO all working now

now just to try and change the macafee image to something else, is that easily done, do you know

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

yes - easily - just look up "theme" in the help or docs. You need a 1024x768 basic PNG file - open and save it in MSPaint seems to work to strip out all funkly formatting.

0 Kudos