cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

I read about Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system in  the product guide, it talk about Uninstall command. Where can I find it?

8 Replies

Re: EEPC 6.1 Uninstall command

Hello,

This information is available in the release notes (see e.g. in PD23187) for the product reproduced below:

Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system

Use this task to manually uninstall EEPC from the client system. Ensure to deactivate the Endpoint Encryption

Agent before initiating the manual removal process.

Task

1. After deactivating the Endpoint Encryption Agent, browse to the following registry values and doubleclick

the Uninstall Command. The Edit String dialogue box appears.

For EE Agent on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

Release Notes for McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 Patch 1

For EEPC on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

For EE Agent on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

For EEPC on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

2. Copy the Value data from the Edit String dialog box and run it on the command prompt. You can

retain /q and add /norestart commands to run a silent removal and to avoid restarting the system after

removing EEPC .

HTH,

Fausto

Highlighted

When you say "deactivate the EEPC agent" do you mean we need to move the machine to a policy that decrypts the dirve first or use EETech, or do you mean stopping the service or some such?

Highlighted
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

Hello Thundercat.

You need to move the system to the Group with Decryption Policy as well as you need to ensure weather the Enable Policy option is Unchecked under General Tab.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply!

So I need to move it to a policy with the encryption set to "none" and "Enable Automatic Booting" ticked, but does this policy then need to be enabled or disabled?

For some reason, the test machine isn't decrypting when I synch with the policy enabled. I wonder if it could be my Policy Assignment rules.

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 6 of 9

Please also remember to open the cmd prompt as administrator

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

foliveir wrote:

Hello,

This information is available in the release notes (see e.g. in PD23187) for the product reproduced below:

Manually uninstall EEPC from the client system

Use this task to manually uninstall EEPC from the client system. Ensure to deactivate the Endpoint Encryption

Agent before initiating the manual removal process.

Task

1. After deactivating the Endpoint Encryption Agent, browse to the following registry values and doubleclick

the Uninstall Command. The Edit String dialogue box appears.

For EE Agent on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

Release Notes for McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 Patch 1

For EEPC on 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy

Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

For EE Agent on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000.

For EEPC on 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC.

2. Copy the Value data from the Edit String dialog box and run it on the command prompt. You can

retain /q and add /norestart commands to run a silent removal and to avoid restarting the system after

removing EEPC .

HTH,

Fausto

I found that when following this process I had to run the commands in the reverse order from how they are listed here otherwise it would keep poping up to say the eepc agent is running... I'm on a 64 bit win 7 machine and here's what worked for me.

1) Start -> cmd (right-click, run as admin)

2) Start -> regedit

3) Copy the contents of: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEPC

4) Right-click to paste into command prompt window, delete "/q /norestart", renter

5) Restart

6) Start -> cmd (right-click, run as admin)

7) Start -> regedit

😎 Copy the contents of: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network

Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\EEADMIN_1000

9) Right-click to paste into command prompt window, delete "/q", enter

10) Restart

Highlighted

Is there a way to manually deactiviate the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent without using ePO?

In my case, there is an issue with the EEPC Agent and it does not receive commands from ePO correctly, so the agent is essentially broken. Broken agent means there no policy changes can be made and communicated to the EEPC software.

Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

You would need to use the remove feature within eetech.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community