cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpromen
Level 9

EEPC 6.1.3 - users removed from preboot. "Error EE050002: Unknown User."

Jump to solution

We had 5 systems this morning where users were unable to login at the EEPC preboot screen.  All of the users have been logging into these systems for several months and were shown in the MfeEpe log as being added to the userlib at some point months ago.  All of the users that experienced the issue were added to the preboot by the ALDU option in the policy.  Although they could not login anyone added to the machine as a group user within ePO was able to successfully login at preboot.  Our work around was to get one ofthe group users to login and sync the system with ePO.  Once the system was able to sync with ePO all of the local domain users were added back to the preboot and the log showed the userlib adding them successfully.  The log never indicates it removed them. InePO when I looked at the Encryption Users assigned to the machine before syncing the laptop all users had been removed except for those added in the group users section.

Weare running EEPC 6.1.3 with the hotfix and ePO 4.6 patch 1.  Anyone else experienced anything like this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cpromen
Level 9

Re: EEPC 6.1.3 - users removed from preboot. "Error EE050002: Unknown User."

Jump to solution

FYI

After reviewing the Audit Log under User Management it was determined that these systems were deleted from ePO.  When that happened the assigned users went with the machine. 

The machine showed back up as managed in the same group as soon as it communicated again, but the users had been removed.  A restart of the McAfee Endpoing Encryption Agent or a restart of the machine triggered the event to add the users back to the machine.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xenon1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did the Encryption Policy in ePO cange to "default" or something like that.

When you the position of the machines is changed in the ePO-Tree

and the policy inheritance is another , i experienced such a bad situation.

0 Kudos
cpromen
Level 9

Jump to solution

No the policies did not change.    There are 762 total machines in this same group in the system tree.  Only these 5 have reported the issue.  I did a quick survey of encryption users on the other systems and they seem to still be populated.

0 Kudos
cpromen
Level 9

Jump to solution

FYI

After reviewing the Audit Log under User Management it was determined that these systems were deleted from ePO.  When that happened the assigned users went with the machine. 

The machine showed back up as managed in the same group as soon as it communicated again, but the users had been removed.  A restart of the McAfee Endpoing Encryption Agent or a restart of the machine triggered the event to add the users back to the machine.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

THANKYOU for telling us what it was - it's always great to get to root cause with issues like this.

0 Kudos
pdoucettempp
Level 7

Jump to solution

This just started happening to us, so far 2 computers wont work with any of the original users. I tried with a new user that needs the 3 security questions and that username worked.

So what I found now is the original users dont work but new created users do work. Any ideas?

0 Kudos