Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

EEPC 6.1.3 to DE 7.1 with a new ePO server !!

Hi ALl,

Scenraio is ...

Have an ePO 4.5 p4 server with EEPC 6.1.3 plus hotfix. Mixture of XP and Win7 laptops (around 2500) with that EEPC version.

Have just built a new ePO 5.1 server with DE 7.1.

I need to move these laptops across and upgrade them so I have the following questions :

1, Can I move them across and the DE 7.1 extenstion manage the EEPC 6.1.3 whilst I try and upgrade them in time ?

2, Can I upgrade the laptops from 6.1.3 to DE 7.1 ? The KB's said I coudl but it failed. DO I need to go to 7.0.1 first then to 7.1 ?

3, On the new ePO 5.1 server I ONLY checked in the 7.1 extension, did I need to check in the other older extension that came with it ?

Many thanks for any help in adavnce

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 9

Re: EEPC 6.1.3 to DE 7.1 with a new ePO server !!

1. Yes, 7.x extension should be able to manage legacy systems

2. Don't recall the exact steps from doc...

3. DE extension 7.x should not allow older extension to mix.

Read the part marked important from the above URL.  Transferred systems do NOT transfer user assignments, and we have experienced other odd issues as well. 

0 Kudos
Level 13

not there yet- but have read quite a few docs regarding this- see this :

then this:

(and possibly this)

But going by the second article they suggest you go to 7.0.x first then 7.1.

Also, as mentioned by Mcafeenewb above, transferred sysytems do not take user assignments over. ( I now have two servers both with encrypted clients on them but will eventually have to manually move each one off and manually re-assign the users to each machine) (Please vote on my product idea with regards to this-

Is your 4.5 server  x64? If so, you could do a few inplace upgrades.

I've just updated my 4.5.4p1 server to 4.6.7 and about to upgrade 6.1.1 to 6.2.1 then 7.0.3 very soon.

0 Kudos
Level 10

I have nearly the same situation as Superhoop with EEPC 6.x clients and an epo 4.6.5 server.

I am planning a new upgrade server.

Following the documentation I need to upgrade all clients to EEPC 7.0, upgrade the epo server to 4.6.7 and then do another upgrade to DE 7.1.

The next step is to transfer the systems to the new ePO server.

Is there a best pactice for this situation (or is this the step mentioned above)

What is the best practice after system transfer, manually update user assignments?

0 Kudos