cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating

I've resolved this issue uninstalling McAfee Agent 5 and installing on the client machine McAfee Agent 4.8

Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

Me too. After a long discussion with McAfee support they decided that Agent 5.0 doesn't communicate properly with the ePO server. Lets hope they fix it before they EOL 4.8!

Highlighted

I'm in agree with you. I'd other problems with McAfee Agent 5.0 regarding communication issues with ePO and I wasn't able to resolve it but only with installing version 4.8.

Yes, I hope they'll fix it very soon!

Highlighted

This issue with 6.1.3 had to do with a corrupt policy I believe and we fixed it a while back in 2012, but your recent responses are exactly what is happening to us now with McAfee Agent 5.0 installed.  I started a new discussion this morning before I saw your comments here about how McAfee Agent 5.0 with DE or EEPC will not activate the encryption, but if I roll back to agent 4.8 it turns active and starts encrypting.

Good to know that McAfee acknowledged it being an Agent issue. I saw in a recent release of the new RSD that it also does not work with McAfee Agent 5.0 so there must be communication issues they are trying to work out with the product.  Although they mention releasing a new version of RSD to support MA 5.x not releasing a fix to MA 5.x.  See note below.

IMPORTANT: RSD 5.0.1 is only supported on ePO 5.1, 5.1.1 and McAfee Agent 4.8 patch 1 or patch 2. RSD 5.0.1 is not currently compatible with McAfee Agent 5.x, an upcoming release of RSD is anticipated to follow shortly and will include McAfee Agent 5.x support.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community