cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boomer
Level 7

EEPC 6.1.2 - error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active.

Have a user's system that on normal bootup receives "Missing Operating System"

I tried using the safetech and wintech cd to do a manual decryption using the code of the day and the xml file from the epo server.  When I click Remove within the Remove EE Window I receive the following error:

error EE120000

Endpoint Encryption is not currently active.

Anyone know of anything I can do to remove encryption and get the data from the drive.  I've done some searching and found a article referring to a "manual decryption".  Has anyone done this and is their instructions on how to do it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC 6.1.2 - error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active.

the problem means something nuked the MBR on this machine, that's the test EEtech uses to see if the product is installed. You could try an emergency boot - EETech wil go search the disk for the disk info, if that fails though you'll need to do a manual forced decryption. Use the partition information for the sector ranges, and test the first and last sector of each range to confirm it is indeed encrypted (and decrypts fine) before you start it off.

Oh, and make sure it's on proper power, as there's no recovery during forced crypt operations.

0 Kudos
boomer
Level 7

Thanks Safeboot, I figured this was the case.  Did a lot of searching last night on this issue and thats all I could find as a solution.  I called Mcafee support last night and put a case in.  I got a call this morning and the tech said he was going to send instructions, but I'm still waiting for them.  Anyone have a how-to on how to do this?

I know I will need the wintech or safetech cd.  I have the xml file for the system and can get the code of the day but what do I do after.

I assume I have to go to work space and load up the file and then do something but not sure what.  I don't want to "wing it" and mess something up to the point where the data is not recoverable.

0 Kudos
jmcleish
Level 13

A  couple of quick questions:

when doing an emergency boot, should you change the AHCI sata settings to legacy or doesn't it matter (especially when its searching for the boot info from the disk)

and i take it this then rewrites the MBR with the correct boot info so once its completed its EB, it should boot normally next time?

Thanks

Jane

0 Kudos
pankajs
Level 9

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem.

I dont know how to proceed for this.

Error:   EEPC 6.1.2 - error EE120000 - Endpoint Encryption is not currently active.

tell me the steps how to go with that.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

please start a new thread detailing exactly what the problem is and what steps you have attempted to resolve.

0 Kudos