cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwebb
Level 9

EEPC 6.1.2 & Windows 7 - No login on resume (from screensaver or sleep)

Started to have an issue on a couple of Dell Laptops, running Windows 7 sp1 (64-bit). Where if you lock the laptop and leave it in a locked state, when you return to it and wake it from screen saver, or sleep mode, the EEPC login screen does not display.

If you press any keys (including CTRL, ALT & DEL) you still do not get the login window.

Only way to recover this, that I have found so far, is to power the laptop off and back on again. Which isn't ideal as users tend to leave documents open (unsaved) when they lock their laptops.

has anyone else had this issue? If so, did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mwebb
Level 9

Re: EEPC 6.1.2 & Windows 7 - No login on resume (from screensaver or sleep)

This might be a case of "read the manual", just found  KB73388, which basically says remove the tick from the "on resume, display the logon screen" within windows itself in "Screen Saver Settings".

I've just done that on one of the laptops I'm having issues with, waiting for it to lock and then I'll see what the results are...

0 Kudos
mwebb
Level 9

Re: EEPC 6.1.2 & Windows 7 - No login on resume (from screensaver or sleep)

It happened again today, on returning from lunch the end user was presented with a windows backdrop and no login screen.

I've checked on rebbot of the laptop that the tick was removed from the "On Resume" screen saver option... just in case we had it set to on in our group policy.

Any idea's anyone?

0 Kudos