Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErinC
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: EEPC 6.1.2 Issues

Yes you're probably right it isn't likely to be the same issue if you've only got a low number of active machines speaking to your test ePO server.

We have SuperAgents managing our clients too.  We have four of them managing about 3500 clients.

The numbers quoted in the McAfee documentation state much higher client counts before an additional agent handler is required ... which I did mention to our third party support but they basically ignored this.

kink80
Level 12
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for the response Erin. We are running 4 Super Agent Distributed Repositories as well but we are supporting ~15,000 clients and we have not hit a bottleneck yet running EEPC 6.1.0. We have EEPC on about 200 machines so far working toward ~900 total on EEPC. Were you running versions that preceded EEPC 6.1.2 in your environment without issue?

ErinC
Level 9
Message 13 of 15

You're welcome, it's good to share. 

The issue first cropped up for us with the prior version, 6.1.1.  It was then that we implemented the additional agent handler and this sorted the problem.

Unrelated but perhaps of interest, we also have about 800 laptops on EEPC 5.2.x.  I migrated about 50 of these into ePO/EEPC6.1.1 for the live testing phase a few weeks ago.  Now I'm upgrading them all to 6.1.2.  Looking good so far

mibo68
Level 7
Message 14 of 15

Hi Kink80 ...  where you ever able to find a resolution to your problem?  I'm seeing the same issue.

kink80
Level 12
Message 15 of 15

mibo68, I discontinued testing and for the time being I am still on EEPC 6.1.0 on my production server and clients. I like some of the fixes that were implemented in 6.1.2 and 6.1.3 however I cannot seem to be able to justify the need to upgrade my machines right now. There are some "Known Issues" that I really don't want to take on at this point with the upgraded versions. I may just wait until EEPC 6.2 arrives before migrating any machines. We also got into a sticky situation when we upgraded some pf our Dell E series laptops from EEPC 6.0.2 to EEPC 6.1.0 and that may influence my lack of motive to upgrade existing installs.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community