cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12

EEPC 6.1.0.248 and Mouse Sensitivity in pre-boot environment

We are running EEPC 6.1.0.248 along with EEPC Agent 1.1.0.248 and have had some users complaining about the mouse sensitivity when logging in the pre-boot environment. The pointer will jump across the entire screen when moving the mouse a tiny bit. (I have suggested that the users just tab down to the "Switch User" button but they do not want to do this.) Has anyone else experienced this? If so is there any resolution?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC 6.1.0.248 and Mouse Sensitivity in pre-boot environment

can you confirm the hardware platforms, docking station, wired/wireless mouse etc? There's no options to control this though - it's defined by the machines BIOS...

0 Kudos
kink80
Level 12

This is on a Dell Latitude E6420 with a Dell E-Port Plus Replicator (Dell Part# : 430-3114). Running a wired USB mouse.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I imagine if you take the port replicator out of the picture it all works fine?

0 Kudos
kink80
Level 12

Actually I just spoke with the person who is handling the support ticket. They were misinformed about the use of a port replicator. It is a dell E6420 with a USB wired mouse having the issue. Although the support person also says they have seen this behavior on machines connected to the docking station as well.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

strange - I wonder if it's one of those smart mice which have built in speed functions. The bios won't pay any attention to that unfortnuately. No, there's no options to control this, unless there's something on the mouse or in the BIOS itself.

0 Kudos
zeitgeist
Level 7

We've had the same complaints and I recommended using tab as well. It's definitely something that could be improved upon.

Some keyboard and mice combos won't work at all. One of my VP's couldn't keep his Logitech MX 3200 - we switched to a more traditional mouse and keyboard combo.

0 Kudos