Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

EEPC 6.0.2 and EPO Server 4.6

Jump to solution

I was reading through some documentation and saw that EPO 4.6 supports Endpoint Encryption 6.1. Does this mean that I will have to upgrade all of my EEPC 6.0.2 machines to EEPC 6.1 prior to upgrading my EPO server from 4.5 Patch 4 HF1 to EPO 4.6.1? I have looked at McAfee KB articles  KB69814 and KB71574. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whgibbo
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Re: EEPC 6.0.2 and EPO Server 4.6

Jump to solution

Hi,

The server upgrade steps are as follows:

1. Upgrade ePO server to ePO 4.5 Patch 4 HF 1 or higher.
  2. Install the EEADMIN that is supplied with EEPC 6.1.0 or higher, I would suggest upgrading to 6.1.2 if you are going to upgrade.  In upgrading to 6.1.2, you won't need to use EETools that is outlined in KB71574.
  3. Upgrade ePO server to ePO 4.6 or higher.

The EEADMIN extension is backwardly compatible, so will still support the 6.0.2 clients.  But in order to take advantage of the scalability enhancements made in EEPC 6.1, then you should really upgrade the clients.

The upgrading of the client must be done in batches to ensure that you don't overload the ePO server with requests.

Hope this helps.

4 Replies
whgibbo
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

The server upgrade steps are as follows:

1. Upgrade ePO server to ePO 4.5 Patch 4 HF 1 or higher.
  2. Install the EEADMIN that is supplied with EEPC 6.1.0 or higher, I would suggest upgrading to 6.1.2 if you are going to upgrade.  In upgrading to 6.1.2, you won't need to use EETools that is outlined in KB71574.
  3. Upgrade ePO server to ePO 4.6 or higher.

The EEADMIN extension is backwardly compatible, so will still support the 6.0.2 clients.  But in order to take advantage of the scalability enhancements made in EEPC 6.1, then you should really upgrade the clients.

The upgrading of the client must be done in batches to ensure that you don't overload the ePO server with requests.

Hope this helps.

kink80
Level 12
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

So just to be clear I can Update my EEPC extensions on EPO 4.5 P4 HF1 to EEPC 6.1.2 then upgrade EPO to 4.6.1and still be able to control EEPC 6.0.2 clients and remove 6.0.2 is necessary?

Highlighted
whgibbo
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes that is correct.

kink80
Level 12
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community