cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsiergiej
Level 9

EEPC 6.0.2 Preboot mouse responsiveness

I'm using EEPC 6.0.2 and when I am at pre-boot the mouse responsiveness is very jittery.  Its not smooth like when in windows.  I have started deploying EEPC to our testing group and they have raised this issue with me.  I've taken a look at it and it is indeed jittery.  This issue is very minor, but I wanted to see if anyone else sees the same thing and if there was a possible solution.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: EEPC 6.0.2 Preboot mouse responsiveness

How was it in EEPC 6.0.1? Jittery too?

0 Kudos
jsiergiej
Level 9

Pretty sure it was, but it was the least of my worries with all the other issues I was dealing with.  After over a year, I am just starting to deploy this to a small test group.

on 12/6/10 8:53:51 AM CST
0 Kudos
Daveb3d
Level 9

As far I can tell, this is normal.

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

"Normal"? I would rather say "common".

0 Kudos
jsiergiej
Level 9

Well, I got a response from McAfee support that it is indeed seen by them as "Normal" and that its related to their 16-bit file system they use at pre-boot.  Needless to say, I did not settle for that response because the fact that users are complaining and having a hard time manuevering the mouse to click buttons and text fields is not right and should be addressed.  IF YOU KNOW OF THE ISSUE, FIX THE FILESYSTEM SO IT WORKS !!

I got on the phone with my account rep and sent an email to my Tier III rep as well.  This one is getting escalated. It really frustrates me that McAfee overlooks simple things like this as "Normal", which basically tells the user to "deal with it." Totally unacceptable.  They knew of this, so why wasn't it fixed?  Although I have been asking that question about alot of issues I have come accross.

Message was edited by: Jack Siergiej on 12/7/10 9:08:50 AM CST
0 Kudos