cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPC 6.0.2 Failure 0xc000000f

We have just started rolling out our new laptops with Windows 7 and Endpoint 6.0.2, however we have had 2 issues with them. Basically out of the blues EEPC logon does not accept their user or any other user. When doing a recovery which allows you to bypass the pre-boot authentication we get the following screen.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

Untitled.jpg

We know that this error in Windows XP was resolved by running a check disk, however this needs to be done from within the Windows 7 setup which entails removing encryption.

When attempting to boot from the EETech CD we get to the following screen which seems to be looking for an Endpoint driver of some sort. It is identical to the same error however makes reference to the following fileUntitled.jpg

Any help would be grateful

Message was edited by: garreth.fenech@mt.pwc.com on 27/08/11 13:45:28 CDT
0 Kudos
7 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEPC 6.0.2 Failure 0xc000000f

The boot error usually means something removed the registry entries for the EEPC driver - like using system restore, or last-known-good-config.

The error on the EETech CD means your image is bad - you're probably missing the right drivers for you hard disk card. Switch the BIOS into ATA mode and try again - if that works you know you need to rebuild your image with the correct drivers for your hardware.

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. The BIOS is set to AHCI. Attempted to set to IDE and SATA however all resulted in the same issues.

Garreth

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I guess your WinPE image is totally messed up then. Maybe someone actually missed the driver off the CD when they made it?

0 Kudos

It could be that it is messed up, however I retried creating several times but always got the same issue. I am following the following documentation. Can you confirm this is correct?

https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2011/01/20/how-to-create-an-ee-tech...

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I don't think that article is valid for the current version - best to follow the instructions which shipped with the product itself. There are more drivers now because of the FIPS certification.

0 Kudos
jmccoppin
Level 7

I am having this same error with new laptops running Windows 7 as well. The laptop functions perfectly normal until after EEPC is installed and then I get the same exact error messages you have shown. Any other ideas Mcafee?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Best to start a new thread with the exact description of your problem. If you're getting missing driver issues though, it's usually some third party tool or permissions problem during the install phase.

0 Kudos