cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianm
Level 7

EEMAC error: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

We have a Mac that just started giving error "0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed" on startup.  Any idea what would cause this?  Is it fixable, or do we need to do a manual decryption with EETECH?  This laptop has EEMAC v1.0 on it. 

Brian

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: EEMAC error: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

did you try to deploy a custom theme to this machine by any chance?

0 Kudos
brianm
Level 7

Re: EEMAC error: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

No, it's using the stock default theme. 

Brian

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I would just eBoot the device and get it to lay down a fresh pre-boot OS..

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23540/en_US/...

0 Kudos
brianm
Level 7

When I do an Emergency Boot from EETech, rather than booting into Mac OS X, I just get the same error, "Authentication User Interface definition file failed" 

Brian

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

are you sure you're booting from an EETech environment? Or are you saying that after eetech has completed, you get the same message? This would indicate that someone has corrupted the theme within EPO.

0 Kudos
brianm
Level 7

Yes, I'm sure I'm booting from EETech.  When I click on Emergency Boot, confirm that I really want to do that, and I then immediately get the error posted above.  No one has touched the theme in ePO.  I ended up manually decrypting using EETech. 

Brian

0 Kudos